Education, Training & Adoption Working Group
News & Contact
Facilitate, evolve education and training and consolidate educational material(s) for all BEAM languages and the BEAM itself.
Benefits to the community
- Be a resource to find information on how to educate on the BEAM technologies
- Be a resource that you could use to encourage your company to adopt the BEAM technologies.
- Facilitate education and training on the BEAM languages.
Short term deliverables
- Make an analysis of the gaps in the current state of the field so we can identify how to best help the community.
- Create a plan and present it to the board so they can allocate resources whenever necessary.
Long term deliverables
- Help grow the community by providing ramp-up materials and training to fill the gaps that have been identified.
- Coordination work with different organizations both commercial and non-profit to foster support for BEAM technologies. Some examples are bridges, conferences, meetups & user groups.
- Provide educational resources for corporate decision-makers who are researching Ecosystem technologies
Why does this group require the Foundation
- A point of organization, resources, influence, and provision of funds for training and educational purposes.
- A trusted and canonical source of educational materials and guidance.
- Companies that are considering investing in this Ecosystem want to see a robust community, which includes active Foundation involvement
Initial list of volunteers (in alphabetical order)
- Brujo Benavides
- Desmond Bowe
- Francesco Cesarini
- Fred Hebert
- Ben Marx
- Anna Neyzberg
- Bryan Paxton
- Miriam Pena
- Todd Resudek
- Peer Stritzinger
- Mrinal Wadhwa
- Alistair Woodman